Madness project MadHat Madness project MadHat

I'll preface this by saying anything I don't mention below, I liked.

To keep things short and to the point, here's a list of the things I didn't enjoy.
------------
-Inconsistency in weapon details, some weapons were bear bones and others detailed.

-Protagonist design felt very lazy and uninspired, it's just a grunt with a weird face and a hat.

-There were a few time gaps where enemies could've attacked or shot the protagonist but just stood there doing nothing.

-The backgrounds were really bland and lacked environmental detail/variety. A lot of them were either just a grey room with stairs or a grey room with a ladder, usually only having the token pipes and stains.

-The gore wasn't very detailed and was pretty typical madness looking (I.e. hollow and bland looking.)

-The combat at times wasn't very entertaining, but I'd say about 90% it was fun to watch. Not much of a fowl there.

-Soundtrack wasn't anything special, very typical re-used sounds, samples and BPM. Was very empty sounding and lacking, which is unfortunate because I know for a fact that the composer can make truly great music if he takes his time and does his best. Felt lazy.

-When the wall explodes there's no debris or particles, just a big flame effect and a hole suddenly. Also why are they blowing holes into their own building on purpose?

-The center point, being the madhat and an undying/regenerating protagonist, is a unique and interesting idea. Unfortunately there was a lot of wasted potential. Like you could've had him do risky attacks, like running into an enemy sword/spear on purpose since he cant die to take him out. It's unfortunate because there could've been so much more than just generic gun and melee combat.

That being said, overall I still enjoyed watching it and for what it's worth I wasn't very bored watching. The idea's neat and fun, though an invincible protagonist kind of removes any tension the movie could've had.

Superb animation from the both of you as always. I look forward to your next release, hopefully you'll learn from this and make something truly jaw dropping. I believe in you!

JohnyPixel responds:

I will try to make my animation better :)

Madness: Project Mercury Madness: Project Mercury

A pretty good first movie! I hope to see more from you. Pretty creative. :)

Prov22 responds:

Whoah, thank u!

Madness Bananafication (MadCzech Collab) Madness Bananafication (MadCzech Collab)

The idea wasn't very interesting. Backgrounds were very lazy, uninspired and boring. Soundtrack could've been better.

ScorpionCZ- suffering from all your movements looking robotic and not fluid, needs more dynamics. Walking animations look very awkward.

Johnypixel- Your part felt very rushed, and it had bad pacing. I usually like a lot of the stuff you make, so this was a bit of a disappointment. Some movements felt either too fast or too slow, and the overall pacing made the scene felt like it happened way too quick. Your second part was much better, despite being shorter. Third part was overall too slow, but near the end it picks up.

Djjaner- Best animation out of them all, due to experience. A few movements felt awkward but overall they were pretty fluid and on point. Backgrounds were still lazy looking and uninteresting.

Armicek- The only thing I can say is practice. The pacing was too slow, and a lot of the movements were unfluid, stiff and awkward.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Sakyubasu No Tatakai I Sakyubasu No Tatakai I

I enjoyed this game to the very end. Although, for the sequel I would suggest not making the enemies so strong so early in the game, and an XP bar that shows you when you're about to reach your next level would be great too. anyway, loved the game, can't wait for the next part.

Madness: Project Nexus Madness: Project Nexus

The zombies can steal your weapons!? thats bullshit!!! XD
great game though krinkels, always well made things from you :)

Grit Grit

If you finish this, it could be one of your best tracks.

Creepy Collab :Sndtrk Creepy Collab :Sndtrk

You can only use the same drum samples and presets before things start to sound repetitive. I feel like this track could benefit from some fresh new drum sounds and a new bass sound, we've already heard these samples in presets in many of your previous songs.

Not hating on you man, just giving you my honest opinion as another producer. Much love. <3

Millennium Millennium

Gay.

Cethic Cethic

It was a good try!

MadnessWolf responds:

Thanks!

Duel Duel

I hope to see it when it comes out!

5 oc heads 5 oc heads

Thank you so much, I love it!